Because they are quick and easy to make, you can add many vegetables to them, and they taste great! Crunchy chicken ramen stir fry is my latest creation. It’s a twist on the Beef & Cabbage Stir-Fry. This time, we’re switching to chicken but using the same easy sauce. There are tons of chopped cabbage and carrots for bulk and some crushed ramen noodles for crunch. Because I wanted to be #extra, I also added some creamy Sriracha mayo. 😉
CAN I SHOP THE RAMEN?
Sure! Even if you don’t like Ramen, this stir-fry recipe is great (though slightly less crispy). There are no hard feelings. You do you.
The same goes for the sriracha-mayo topping. I love the combination of creamy spice and fresh crunch. However, you don’t need to add it to your stir-fry if it’s not for you.
HOW TO STORE YOUR STIR-FRIES
You can reheat some stir-fry leftovers if you prefer to separately use the crumbed ramen noodles. The same goes for the sriracha sauce topping. After reheating, add that. Although the cabbage and carrots will soften slightly after refrigerating and reheating, I still enjoy them.
A LOT MORE VEGETABLES ARE AVAILABLE:
Stir-fries are also great because you can add any vegetable to your fridge. Other options include spinach, bell peppers, mushrooms, snow peas, and broccoli. You may want to increase the sauce if you add more vegetables.
CRUNCHY CHICKEN RAMEN STEIR FRY
Crunchy Chicken Ramen Stir Fry makes a great weeknight meal. It features tons of vegetables and carrots, crunchy crushed Ramen noodles, and creamy Sriracha drizzle.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
STIR FRY SAUCE
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce ($0.12)
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil ($0.30)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar ($0.02)
SRIRACHA MAYO DRIZZLE – (OPTIONAL).
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise ($0.09)
- 1 Tbsp sriracha ($0.11)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (approximately 2/3 lb. ($4.08)
- 2 Tbsp of cooking oil ($0.08)
- 1 14oz. bag coleslaw mix (shredded carrots and cabbage) ($1.49)
- 2 cloves of garlic ($0.16)
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger ($0.10)
- 3 green onions (0.30)
- 1 3oz. Block ramen noodles (seasoning packet discarded). ($0.25)
- Preparing the sauces ahead of time will make them ready for use. Mix the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce (soy sauce and sesame oil) in a small bowl. Stir together the mayonnaise and sriracha in a separate bowl.
- Mince two cloves of garlic and grate one teaspoon of fresh ginger. Slice three green onions.
- You can crush the noodles with a rolling pin or mallet, but not the entire package. Open the package once the noodles have been crushed and throw away the seasoning packet.
- Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, drizzle the oil on the skillet and swirl it to coat. Sauté the pieces of chicken until cooked (about 3-5 minutes). Halfway through the cooking of the chicken, add the ginger and garlic to the skillet.
- After the chicken has been cooked, add the coleslaw mixture (shredded cabbage and carrots). Continue to sauté for 2 minutes or until the cabbage softens slightly.
- Stir fry the sauce in the skillet. Continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes or until the cabbage is softened to your liking. (I like mine slightly firm).
- Turn off the heat and stir in the crushed Ramen. Finish by topping with slices of green onions and a drizzle of Sriracha Mayo.
Serving Size: 1.25 cups Calories: 350.63 Kcal Carbohydrates: 25.5 G Protein: 21.43 G Fat: 18.85g Sodium: 692.63mg Fiber : 3 g